Treat Mom to a beautiful homemade lunch filled with love (and yumminess) this Mother’s Day! This lunch menu includes recipes that are light but elegant and easy to whip up. Make it a memorable Mother’s Day with the most important woman in your life.
Artichoke Ricotta Flatbread
1/2 pound homemade or store bought pizza dough at room temperature
Olive oil for drizzling
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped + more for serving
1 tablespoon honey + more fore serving (if desired)
8 ounces marinated artichokes drained
6 ounces fresh mortadella or prosciutto torn
3 cups fresh arugula
1/2 cup fresh shaved parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped (optional)
crushed red pepper flakes for sprinkling (if desired)
For the lemon vinaigrette:
1/3 cup olive oil
Juice + zest of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- On a lightly floured surface, push/roll the dough out until it is very thin. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil + sprinkle lightly with salt + pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- Meanwhile, stir together the ricotta, basil, honey and a pinch of both salt and pepper. Remove the bread from the oven and top with the ricotta mixture.
- Scatter on the artichokes and then sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes, if desired. Add the torn mortadella or prosciutto. Top with fresh arugula and shaved parmesan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the lemon vinaigrette ingredients, adding salt to taste. Drizzle over the flatbread and top with chives (if desired).
Glazed Lemon Brownies
¾ cup flour
¾ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter, softened
1 Tablespoon of Lemon juice
Zest from ½ of a lemon
For the lemon glaze:
½ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Zest from ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy removal. In a large bowl or using a stand mixer, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt. Mix in the softened butter.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon juice and zest. Add the large bowl and mix well.
- Pour into the 8×8 inch prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- To make the glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and zest from the other half of the lemon. Pour over the top of the cooled lemon brownies.
~ From TheRecipeCritic.com
Read Next | Healthy Make-Ahead Breakfast Ideas
Cucumber Mint Iced Tea
6 white tea bags (any brand)
4 cups water
1/2 medium cucumber
1/8 cup fresh mint leaves
1 tbsp raw honey
- Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Pour boiling water into a large, heat-resistant glass container and add the tea bags. Allow to steep for 30 minutes.
- Once the tea has cooled slightly, add cucumber slices, mint leaves, and honey. Stir. Then continue steeping for another 2 hours.
- Remove tea bags and strain tea through a mesh strainer to remove the mint and cucumbers. Pour over ice and serve with fresh cucumber slices and mint leaves for garnish. Add more honey if desired.
~ From WellNesting.com
Read Next | See More Great Recipes for Kids