Happy Choco-Ween! Halloween and chocolate go together better than goblins and ghouls. These recipes are as festive and adorable as they are indulgent. Your kids might not even miss trick-or-treating. Get more ooey-gooey good recipes at hersheys.com.
6-1/2 cups vanilla frosting
16 drops green food color
3/4 cup chocolate sprinkles
72 pieces candy eyes
1/2 cup HERSHEY’S Kitchens Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips
1 teaspoon red sprinkles
- Prepare HERSHEY’S “ESPECIALLY DARK” CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES; cool completely. Tint vanilla frosting to desired shade of green.
- Spoon or pipe about 3 tablespoons frosting on top of each cupcake. Flatten top of frosting and edge off sides with knife or spatula.
- Cover top of each cupcake with chocolate sprinkles. Position candy eyes on side of green frosting; add chocolate chip “bolts” to the side and design scar with red sprinkles or thin frosting. Use similar techniques to design a Monster bride, if desired. Carefully remove cupcake papers, if desired and place on serving plate. Makes about 36 decorated cupcakes.
REESE’S Peanut Butter Pumpkin Spiders
8 REESE’S Peanut Butter Pumpkins (1.2 oz. each)
32 Large pretzel twists Large (2-1/2 to 3 in.)
1/4 cup HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips, HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips*
- Line tray or cookie sheet with wax paper. Remove wrappers from desired number of peanut butter pumpkins. For each spider, cut 8 matching curved sections from pretzels which will form the legs. Set aside remaining pretzels pieces.
- Place milk chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. Transfer to small heavy duty plastic food storage bag. Cut off one corner of bag about 1/4 inch from the tip.
- For each spider, place peanut butter pumpkin on prepared tray. Attach pretzel legs and candy eyes to spider with melted chocolate. Allow chocolate to set before moving spiders.
* This amount of chocolate will make about 8 spiders.
Read Next | Bunny Butt Cupcakes
KISSES Witch’s Hat Cookies
24 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
24 fudge bottomed striped cookies
1 cup HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips
Decorating icing or gel in tube (optional)
Chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Remove wrappers from chocolates. Place cookies with chocolate-coated bottom facing up on wax paper covered tray or cookie sheet.
- Place milk chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. Dip bottom of chocolate piece into melted chocolate and place in center of cookie. Repeat for all the cookies. Allow chocolate to firm before continuing.
- Pipe icing or gel around base of chocolate piece. Use chocolate sprinkles to make square buckle for hat, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 24 cookies.
Read Next | Your Kids Will Love These Recipes