LEGOLAND New York Resort is getting one step closer to opening this summer! Today, the much-anticipated Goshen theme park announced preview days as part of its phased opening plan. Starting May 29, Annual Pass and Single-Day ticket holders will be able to experience six of the resorts seven themed lands.
“As the first theme park to open in the Northeast in decades, this preview period is our chance to welcome families who have been patiently waiting, giving them a chance to experience LEGOLAND New York in its final stages of completion,” said LEGOLAND New York Resort Divisional Director Stephanie Johnson. “After the challenges of the past year, we know families are eager to get out, ride, build, play, learn, and spend time together. Through our phased opening approach, we’re able to safely welcome as many families as possible while prioritizing the health and safety of our guests and Model Citizens (staff).”
What areas of LEGOLAND New York Resort will be open during preview days?
During the preview days, LEGO lovers will be able to visit the following six themed lands with LEGOLAND New York Resort:
- Brick Street: The beginning of the theme park’s experience, at which guests pass under the iconic arch and into a world built of LEGO bricks.
- Bricktopia: Guests can build anything they can imagine and experience the brand-new LEGO Factory Adventure Ride—Professor Brick’s latest “experiment” that takes riders on a journey through a LEGO factory and transforms them into Minifigures.
- LEGO NINJAGO® World: Aspiring ninjas can master Spinjitzu to help defeat the Great Devourer.
- LEGO Castle: Featuring the Dragon, LEGOLAND’s signature roller coaster, which is sized for a child’s first coaster experience, and Dragon’s Apprentice (for younger riders), which offers the chance to help baby dragons learn to fly.
- LEGO City: Kids can receive their official LEGOLAND driver license at Driving School, one of LEGOLAND Park’s most popular rides.
- Miniland: The heart of every LEGOLAND® theme park, Miniland contains a massive panorama of interactive LEGO built cities from across the country. LEGOLAND New York’s Miniland will spotlight NYC’s landmarks, including the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Yankee Stadium, and Citifield.
The resort’s seventh land, LEGO Pirates, will open in a later phase of the parks opening, along with the 250-room LEGOLAND Hotel.
What You Need to Know About Visiting LEGOLAND New York Resort
How much is admission?
Currently there are two options. The Gold Annual Pass is $229.99 per individual ages 3 and older. During preview days, single-day passes will be reduced to $49.99 per person.
Reservations must be made in advance for all guests. Annual Pass holders are able to reserve a day to visit now, while single-day ticket holders will be able to reserve dates beginning May 21.
What safety precautions are in place?
Among various guidelines and COVID-19 safety precautions, LEGOLAND New York Resort is operating at a reduced capacity, guests must be healthy with no fever, the resort is cashless, there will be empty rows/seats on rides for social distancing, and face coverings will be required throughout the park (except when seated to eat in a designated dining location).
Where is the LEGOLAND New York Resort located?
LEGOLAND New York Resort is located at 1 LEGOLAND Blvd. in Goshen, which is just 60 miles northwest of New York City.
Wanna read more stuff like this? Get our newsletters packed with ideas, events, and information for parents in Staten Island.