Mornings can be a tough time to maintain your supermom status when it comes to providing healthy meals. Rushing out the door when NO ONE, including the dog, is cooperating, is enough to make you want to hit the drive-thru. But with a little planning ahead, you can make breakfast easy-peasy lemon-squeezy in less time than it takes to say, “Do you want fries with that?”
Maple, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Overnight Oats
Fill your mason jar with rolled oats, maple syrup, cinnamon and milk and wake up to a quick and healthy gluten-free breakfast.
Serves 4. Note: This recipe can either be made in two larger mason jars, each holding two servings, or four smaller mason jars, each containing one single serving.
2 cups rolled oats gluten-free
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup almond milk
3 Tbsp brown sugar
¾ tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
¼ cup pecans coarsely chopped, toasted
- In four mason jars, place equal amounts of the oats, vanilla and milk in each. Stir to mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and maple syrup. Pour a quarter of this mixture in each of the jars over the oats. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate jars for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, toast pecans at 325 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Divide pecans and sprinkle in each jar.
- Serve with additional cinnamon and maple syrup, if desired, and enjoy!
Credit: Evolving Table
Slow Cooker Overnight Breakfast Casserole
There’s nothing better than waking up to the smell of a homemade breakfast already made! This casserole is loaded up with sausage, diced hash browns, eggs and cheese. Not a fan of sausage? Swap out the sausage for bacon for an equally tasty breakfast.
1 16-ounce package pork sausage
1 lb. bag frozen hash browns (diced or shredded)
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Brown and crumble the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Once the sausage is fully cooked, remove from the skillet and place onto a plate covered with a paper towel. Place another paper towel on top and press to remove as much grease as possible.
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Layer the frozen hash browns, diced onion, bell peppers, cooked sausage, and cheddar cheese in the slow cooker.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the eggs with the milk, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the slow cooker over the other ingredients.
- Set to cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Credit: House of Yumm
Easy Breakfast Muffins with a Hash Brown Crust
Delicious egg and bacon breakfast muffins with a hash brown crust. Perfect make ahead breakfast or for a brunch!
For the hash brown crust:
1 20-oz shredded hash browns (or frozen, thawed and strained)
1/3 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried parsley
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1 Tsp olive oil
For the egg mixture:
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded Mexican blend (or your other favorite) cheese
12 slices crispy bacon cut up into bite-size pieces
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray two 12-cup muffin tins with non-stick baking spray
For the hash brown crust:
- Mix entire bag of hash browns with egg, oil, cheese, salt, pepper, minced garlic, paprika, and parsley in large bowl until seasonings are well combined.
- Split hash brown mixture evenly among the 24 baking cups then pat it down with the back of a cup or other round container that fits into the muffin tins.
- Bake hash brown crust in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until it gets slightly browned and crispy.
For egg mixture:
- While crust is cooking, mix eggs, milk, cheese, salt, pepper, parsley, and bacon in a large bowl.
- Once hash brown crust is slightly browned, split the egg mixture evenly on top of the hash browns in the muffin tins, filling to about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing from the muffin tins by sliding a silicone spatula around the outside of the cups.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Credit: Play. Party. Plan