Treat Mom to a beautiful homemade lunch filled with love (and yumminess) this Mother’s Day! This lunch menu includes recipes that are light but elegant and easy to whip up. Make it a memorable Mother’s Day with the most important woman in your life.
Artichoke Ricotta Flatbread
1/2 pound homemade or store bought pizza dough at room temperature
Olive oil for drizzling
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped + more for serving
1 tablespoon honey + more fore serving (if desired)
8 ounces marinated artichokes drained
6 ounces fresh mortadella or prosciutto torn
3 cups fresh arugula
1/2 cup fresh shaved parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped (optional)
crushed red pepper flakes for sprinkling (if desired)
For the lemon vinaigrette:
1/3 cup olive oil
Juice + zest of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
2. On a lightly floured surface, push/roll the dough out until it is very thin. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil + sprinkle lightly with salt + pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crust is golden.
3. Meanwhile, stir together the ricotta, basil, honey and a pinch of both salt and pepper. Remove the bread from the oven and top with the ricotta mixture.
4. Scatter on the artichokes and then sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes, if desired. Add the torn mortadella or prosciutto. Top with fresh arugula and shaved parmesan.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the lemon vinaigrette ingredients, adding salt to taste. Drizzle over the flatbread and top with chives (if desired).
Glazed Lemon Brownies
¾ cup flour
¾ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter, softened
1 Tablespoon of Lemon juice
Zest from ½ of a lemon
For the lemon glaze:
½ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Zest from ½ lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy removal. In a large bowl or using a stand mixer, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt. Mix in the softened butter.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon juice and zest. Add the large bowl and mix well.
3. Pour into the 8×8 inch prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool.
4. To make the glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and zest from the other half of the lemon. Pour over the top of the cooled lemon brownies.
~ From TheRecipeCritic.com
Cucumber Mint Iced Tea
6 white tea bags (any brand)
4 cups water
1/2 medium cucumber
1/8 cup fresh mint leaves
1 tbsp raw honey
1. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Pour boiling water into a large, heat-resistant glass container and add the tea bags. Allow to steep for 30 minutes.
3. Once the tea has cooled slightly, add cucumber slices, mint leaves, and honey. Stir. Then continue steeping for another 2 hours.
4. Remove tea bags and strain tea through a mesh strainer to remove the mint and cucumbers. Pour over ice and serve with fresh cucumber slices and mint leaves for garnish. Add more honey if desired.
~ From WellNesting.com